Wednesday, March 23, 2011

make friendly URL’s for your SharePoint 2010 site in 4 steps with IIS7 URL Rewrite module

I started developing an Internet facing site with the help of this book : http://www.amazon.com/Professional-SharePoint-Branding-Interface-Programmer/dp/0470584645/ref=sr_1_12?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1300888674&sr=1-12#_

However, for me SEO is critical nowadays and this book did not give me any information on how to make my Share Point 2010 Internet facing site URL friendly. Because I'm an ASP.NET developer, I knew that now we have the URL Rewrite module in IIS7 and I wondered if I could apply it to a Share Point site as well.

I found this great post that explains how to achieve Share Point 2010 friendly URL by using the II7 URL Rewrite module.

http://blog.mastykarz.nl/friendly-urls-sharepoint-site-4-steps-iis7-url-rewrite-module/

After following the steps stated in the above link, I was able to produce a friendly URL.

1 comment:

  1. Great blog you have got here.. It's difficult to find high-quality writing like yours nowadays.

    I honestly appreciate individuals like you! Take care!!


    Also visit my blog - blackboxrdp

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts. Your comment will appear in my blog shortly after review.

Have a great day!