Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Lightswitch "How Do I?" Videos - Visual Studio Lightswitch

A few weeks ago I downloaded Visual Studio Lightswitch. I'm still getting to know the application and new features that are offered by Microsoft. You can have a full definition of Visual Studio Lightswitch here:

https://community.altiusconsulting.com/blogs/mikevinson/archive/2010/11/09/microsoft-visual-studio-lightswitch-what-is-it.aspx

I do have to say that the development of business applications has been taken to the next step. I think the most interesting aspect of Visual Studio Lightswitch is that we can now develop apps for the cloud. This is really interesting to me as I'm getting into SharePoint development and I just read that Microsoft will have the Office 365 available really soon.

Anyway the Silverlight team has some interesting tutorials about developing data-centered silverlight apps for the web by using Visual Studio LightSwitch. You can find it here:

http://team.silverlight.net/announcement/announcing-visual-studio-lightswitch-beta-2-is-available/


Also, the MSDN LightSwitch has some easy to understand How Do I videos around Visual Studio LightSwitch here:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lightswitch/gg604823

3 comments:

  1. I am interested in using LightSwitch with Dynamics AX. Do you have any examples of doing that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    Whar are you trying to do? Do you want to use LightSwitch as an interface with AX using the business connector? Or do you want to develop applications using the new Visual Studio tools for AX?

    If you are trying to use visual studio lightswitch to develop with the later, then it won't be possible. However, you can create a visual studio lightswitch application and access AX business logic through the business connector and present the data you want in your own lightswitch application. This is a common practice and it been around a while.

    Let me know and we can take it from there.

    Regards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am more interested in using Lightswitch to connect to AIF and the AX web services. MS appears to be moving away from the business connector.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts. Your comment will appear in my blog shortly after review.

Have a great day!