Monday, March 28, 2011

Find AOT classes through X++

Today I needed to implement a job that existed my company's old version of AX into AX 2009. In the Old Axapta I went to Basic > Batch List to find the name of the job and/or the date it was created.

Then I went to the AOT > Data Dictionary > Tables > Batch and I opened the table by using the table browser and I saw that the Class ID for this particular Job was 40144.

Then I created a new job and I wrote the following code:


static void ClassNames(Args _args)
{
    DictClass   dictclass;
    ;
   
    dictclass = new DictClass(40144);
    info(dictclass.name());
}



The info log showed me the name of class that is run by the AX Job. From there I just created a new batch record to run it every night.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts. Your comment will appear in my blog shortly after review.

Have a great day!